Sunday, March 18, 2012

HASA How-toes - March 2012

How do I...

... use My Stuff?

This month we look at My Stuff and what is in it.

How to use My Stuff at HASA

What is My Stuff for?

Like the name says, it is where you will find your own stuff.

You manage your profile, add and update stories here, see reviews, send alerts, and other activities. There are links here to take you to other sections of the site, in Forums, Challenges, Playlists and Workshop, where you have things to manage.

The home of My Stuff is customizable to hold information most important to you.

How does this area work?

When you sign up as a member on HASA, you automatically get a My Stuff section. You have to be logged in to see your information.

Your HASA profile has several parts: Member, Author and Reviewer. You use My Profile to manage the information in them.

Next, there is My Stories and all of the related activities. My Stories is where you create and manage your stories. You may add as many stories as you like to the database. In the reviews section, authors who submit stories for review and members who perform reviews can see the reviews given and received.

The links to Forums, Playlists, Workshops and Challenges all go to pages where you can take care of things in those areas.

My Stuff is like your dashboard for keeping track of everything you do on HASA. The My Stuff main menu is very long. To prevent it from taking up too much vertical space, it is folded up by default. Click the Main Menu title bar on any page to unfold and refold the menu. You can also mouse over the "My Stuff" button in the top navigation bar for a fly out menu of My Stuff sections.

You can customize the My Stuff home page

  1. Log in.
  2. Go to My Stuff home.
  3. Click on the "Customize Page" link in the navigation column.
  4. You now see a page where you can select one or more pods for the main column and the side column of the My Stuff home page. Detailed instructions for adding the pods are on the page.
  5. After you add pods, you can set an order to them.
  6. Return to the home page and do final adjustments for how many records to show in each pod.

If there is any topic you'd like to see in the how-to, please let us know!

No comments: